dinsdag 11 december 2018

I'LL ROOT FOR YOU to Spain

Enjoyable news: my poetry volume I'll root for you (original Dutch title: Ik juich voor jou) will be published in Spanish. The publishing house of Barbara Fiore bought the rights of this collection of poems about animals and sports that I wrote to the magnificent illustrations by Wolf Erlbruch.

The book was originally issued by Querido, Amsterdam and was published in the United States (this summer) by Eerdmans, wonderfully translated by David Colmer. It received the bi-annual Golden Poetry Medal for the best children's poetry book in The Netherlands and Flanders.
Now I'm really happy this book will see the Spanish light as well!

To other publishers: a full English ánd German translation of all poems is available at Querido - please mail Luciënne van der Leije.