dinsdag 28 april 2020

Bluegrass Love in Latvia

A while ago the rights were sold, but now the physical book has been published: the translation into Latvian of The days of bluegrass love, my first young adult novel about the true, lifechanging love between Tycho Zeling and Oliver Kjelsberg.

In Latvia the book is called Zilās zāles vasara, it is published by the great publishing house of Liels un Mazs and translated by Dens Dimiņš.
The beautiful cover illustration is by Elīna Brasliņa.

I'm really proud that this book found its way to Latvia, a country that I have visited quite a few times, and that I am really fond of. I hope the book will now find its way to young Latvian readers. It can be ordered here.

Next year the American translation will be published by Levine Querido. Inquiries for new rights can be done here (Luciënne van der Leije, rights manager), and here you can find a special of the Dutch Literature Fund about this book.